Tuesday 31 March 2015

Scrap Around The World Challenge March

Hello everyone

Today I'd like to share my take on the Scrap Around the World Challenge for March.

I've been following this blog for quite some time now, and just love all the amazing creations featured every month. If you have not ventured over yet, I would suggest you do so as soon as you have a few minutes of spare time. The work of the winning artists and design team members is truely amazing.

This is the mood board for March.



The moodboard is free to interpretation and although certain colours are featured it's not a colour challenge.

Saying this, I was inspired quite by the soft blues and yellow, as well as by the geometric shapes. The backgroud technique was inspired by the fabulous Fiona Paltrige, whose class I was privelaged to attend at this year's Escape 2 Create Retreat in Port Lincoln.

 I deceided to use one of the photos my hubby and I took when we were snorkeling in the Phillipines in 2013. The coral gardens there are amazing and I've always loved clown fish. From there there the reference to one of my favourite Disney Movies, Finding Nemo.

My take on the mood board:




Detail around the photo


Products used:  Watercolour paper - Kaszazz , Die -Tim Holtz; Chipboard- Scrap FX; Stencil- Crafters Workshop; Stamps - Kaszazz, Gelatos -Faber Castell, Stampendous Embossing Powder; Tinby Metalic Melts; Stamps- Kaszazz; Thickers- American Crafts, Bling- Kaszazz; Ice Stickles- Ranger.


Thank you for stopping by, hope you have a great day.

Cheers,

Anguree xoxo

14 comments :

  1. What a stunning project you created! Awesome! Thank you for playing with scrap around the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. Loved your layout on your blog but could not leave a comment. Not sure if it was me or my phone at that stage.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tanya. Loved your layout on your blog but could not leave a comment. Not sure if it was me or my phone at that stage.

      Delete
  2. Amazing page ! I love your background and textured ! Thank you for joining us at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anguree, this is just stunning. Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your background and all details! Thank you for joining us at SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite layout! Thank you for playing along with us this month at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning piece of art! Thank you for joining us at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page! love the textures and background! Gorgeous photo! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, stunning page... Hmmm I finally found your correct blog. YEH!! xxx

    ReplyDelete